Monday, November 14, 2011

4 out of 5 dentists agree

“Were not ten made clean?”  Jesus replies to the one who actually returned.  From our Gospel lesson (Thanksgiving text) this coming Sunday, we hear our Lord speak to a healed Leper who returns to give thanks to Jesus for curing his disease.  1 out of 10 returned.  Wow!  Those odds are somewhat staggering.  Dentists have higher odds on toothpaste agreement.
Only one returned to give his praise for what had just happened. How often are we like those other nine?  How often have we been so blessed with a talent, a gift, or a blessing, that we run off and show others with a sense of pride and accomplishment?   I know I have patted my own back a few times in my life.  I pray that I can have the faith like the Samaritan Leper who returns to give praise for his life…for his very breathe.  I pray that we can beat those odds and fall down at the feet of Jesus and thank him for the blessings He has bestowed on us.
Luke 17:11-19

Blessing to you this day

No comments:

Post a Comment